NEWS AND EVENTS
2018, 2019 - Updates
Please join us at our 5th Annual Fundraiser, Sunday, April 7, 2019, from 1:00-5:00 P.M.
Our theme this year is "It Takes a Village".
The event will be held at:
The Nyack Seaport
21 Burd Street
Nyack, N.Y. 10960
This Fundraiser supports TSONY, Inc. and helps to fund the many community programs that we facilitate and support. These include providing educational, mental health, and parenting workshops within the schools, community, and shelters.
Our Honorees are:
Honorable Toney L. Earl, Chairman of the Rockland County Legislature
Honorable Ellen C. Jaffee, NYS Assembly Member
Dr. Deborah L. Wortham, Superintendent, East Ramapo Central School District
Our Keynote is Mrs. Valerie Hollingsworth-Baker,
The 25th International President of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
1) Summer meetings concerning the Spring Valley Courthouse waiting area project.
2) Executed a series at the Early Childhood Center in East Ramapo in December 2017.
3) Improving Parent-Child Relations, Building Your Child's Self-Esteem, Managing Difficult Behaviors, Teaching Internet Safety, workshops at the Nyack Center with the Nyack School District at the end of March 2018.
4) TSONY's last series at Good Counsel Homes was held on Thursday, June 14th.
5) TSONY's "My Brother's Keeper" series at Spring Valley High School, Saturday, June 2, 2018. Topics: Ways to be emotionally supportive to your children and ways to help your children make better decisions.
6) Executed two Yoga events at the Good Counsel Homes Shelter in Spring Valley
7) We have submitted 2 projects proposals within Rockland County.
8) We will conduct a workshop in the NYC Department of Education February 2019.
8) We will conduct 2 parenting workshops with the Nyack Union Free School District in March 2019.
TSONY'S PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS OF 2017-2018!
1) Facilitated a series of workshop at the Early Childhood Center at the East Ramapo School District.
2) Conducted series of workshops at the Nyack School District held at the Nyack Center.
3) Upcoming series of workshops at the Good Counsel Homes in Spring Valley.
4) Series of workshops at the Pomona Family Shelter.
5) Conducted parenting workshop "How to Help my Child Succeed." on January 27, 2018 at Spring Valley High School.
6) Successfully Executed a Youth & Parent Conference at RCC- Rockland Community College- December 9, 2017.
7) Completed a Makeover at the Good Counsel Homes- Homeless Shelter in collaboration with NPE- Naomi Program of Excellence - November 18 & 19, 2017.
8) Conducted a Women's Wellness Workshop October 21, 2017 at RCC - Rockland Community College.
9) Conducted our NEW parenting workshop "The 5 E's in Parenting" on May 2, 2017 at the Early Childhood Center.
10) "Summer Fun Learning" workshop which was held on May 24, 2017 at the Martin Luther King Multi-Purpose Center. This workshop provided parents/guardians with the tools & strategies on how to prevent their child from Summer reading loss.
Sunday, June 11, 2017 - Our 4th Annual Fundraiser
Mark your calendars!
Tender Steps of New York, Inc., is holding its 4th Annual Fundraiser for the underserved families of Rockland County, N.Y. on June 11, 2017 from 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM at THE NYACK SEAPORT and we are counting on your support! Tickets can be purchased at https://tsony2017.eventbrite.com
MC: Comedian Marc A. Gerber
DJ: Cheeky Star
PERFORMING: Spring Valley Inspirational Dancers
HONOREES: Romel Alvarez, President of Parents United of East Ramapo
Grant Valentine, Rockland Community College Board of Trustees
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Dr. Andrew K. Mandel, Co-Founder and Leader of Strong East Ramapo
Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - "Summer Fun Learning" Workshop
Ms. Evelyn Bautista-Miller, Bilingual Certified LMSW, SDA, provided tools and strategies to put the fun into Summer Learning. This free workshop took place at the Martin Luther King Multi-Purpose Center, 110 Bethune Blvd, Spring Valley, N.Y. 10977.
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 - "The 5 E's of Parenting" Workshop
Our brand new parenting workshop, "The 5 E's of Parenting," was held at the cafeteria of the Early Childhood Center, 465 Viola Rd., Spring Valley, N.Y. 10977.
March 15, 2017 - Evening at Nyack College
The Nyack Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement invited Ms. Evelyn Bautista-Miller, Columbia University Professor and Founder/CEO of Tender Steps of New York, Inc., to lead a discussion of Paulo Freire's classical text "Pedagogy of the Oppressed."
TSONY’s 3rd Annual Fundraiser of 4/17/16 - RECAP:
The Board of Directors of Tender Steps of New York is grateful for the community support that led to “Sellout” attendance at their event. Also, the “Star” quality of their keynote speaker, Dr. Betty A. Rosa, who was elected Chancellor of the NYS Board of Regents in April, 2016 and guest speaker, Kevin Lopez, co-founder of LPZ Media. Last, but not least, it was a delight to recognize the following deserving honorees: Ana Vila, Family Resource Coordinator of The Early Childhood Center at Hempstead Elementary School Jacqueline Polanco-Fernandez, Principal of The Early Childhood Center in East Ramapo School District Luis Nivelo, devoted member of Padres Unidos, the Hispanic parents advocacy for public school students organization.
TSONY Inc, 5th Annual Fundraiser Sunday, April 29, 2018 5:30-9:30 p.m. at the Nyack Seaport.
We look forward to enjoying an amazing evening of entertainment, gourmet meals, free open bar (Domestic Beer & Fine Wine) and bidding on amazing silent auction items, beside a beautiful view of the Hudson River.
This year's Fundraiser will help support amazing programs and services, like TSONY Inc, Program Highlights of 2017 and with your support, going into 2018.
Early Bird ticket price is $75 before March 29, 2018 and $85 after.
Once you purchase/donate, you will receive an automatic tax deductible letter with your donation from TSONY, Inc. Thank you so much for your support.
TSONY, Inc. continues to provide programs in shelters within Rockland County; as well as facilitate parenting workshops within the community and schools.
PERFORMANCE BY: The Spring Valley Inspirational Dancers (Youth)- Sherry Scott & Youths
HOSTED BY: Comic Strip Live Comedian, Ron Nobles
ENTERTAINMENT: DJ Intence
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Alicia Anabel Santos- Founder & CEO of the NYC Latina Writers Group - The Writing Midwife ~ Author, Playwright, Director, Producer and Writing Coach
Pierre Oscar- Vice President of the Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. in the New Rochelle-White Plains Alumni. He is also an active member with the Kappa League Youth Organization.
Sabrina Charles-Pierre- East Ramapo School Board Member
Ramon Soto- Executive Director of "El Sol De NY" a Newspaper in Haverstraw
Kim Foskew- Community Activist